Reunion Plans for Chicago Knoepkes
As soon as Katherine and I became aware of the date of the family reunion, we were excited for the opportunity to pair travel with an extended holiday weekend. This presented a nice opportunity for me because I have been looking forward to a second cross-country bicycle trip (first one in 1999). In December a co-worker of mine expressed interest in participating in this type of ride and we began some hardcore training. Much needed because Katherine's phenomonal cooking was hard to pass up over the past couple of years! I gained a little too much weight and this provided a great incentive for me to get into shape.
My co-worker, John Low, and his girlfriend Jamie will join me and Katherine on the trip to MN from IL. From there John and I are going to cut our reunion visit short to embark on a 500-mile ride from New Ulm, MN to Chicago, IL. I hope no one minds that Jamie will be there instead or me (for the guys, she is much more pleasant to look at than I am).
I am disappointed that I will not get to see everybody and enjoy the whole reunion. I plan on making the most of Friday, June 30 to catch up with everybody.
Cheers,
Scott (and Katherine) Knoepke
My blog: www.knoepke.blogspot.com,
Kat's blog (for our dog): www.cosmothedog.blogspot.com

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home